I used to adore Casa Sanchez thick and crispy chips and thought nothing could taste better. I was wrong. These homemade corn tortilla chips are just as crunchy but taste far cleaner and fresher. Enjoy:
The cleanest tortilla chips you’ll ever eat (serves two generously)
- 1 bag of Food for Life sprouted corn tortillas (that’s it!)
- Turn on your oven broiler.
- Fold each tortilla twice into triangle pieces.
- Lay out in one layer on a baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Pop them under your hot broiler.
- Watch carefully until golden brown. (My “first side” takes 4-5 minutes to become golden brown.)
- Take them out and flip them over.
- Pop them back in for 1-2 more minutes until the second side is golden brown too. Keep a close eye because they can burn quickly!
The whole process takes me 8 minutes all together and is so worth it: no unhealthy vegetable oils! Perfect for guacamole and/or salsa.
You’d think they need salt, but honestly they’re really great without it!